St Joseph’s church, in Bilton near Harrogate was built in the 1920s as a chapel-of-ease. Now a growing parish of 1500 members, the church was extensively redecorated in 2015. Studio Dekka were commissioned by the parish to design a new lighting scheme to replace the ageing and malfunctioning installation.
The scheme uses LED luminaires exclusively to provide general ambient lighting and feature lighting to selected areas of the church, which extends the maintenance regime, increases energy efficiency and reduces operating costs for the parish (less than 10% of the annual costs of the existing scheme). A simple control system allows for the easy and intuitive setting of scenes for special masses and celebrations.
The lighting scheme was submitted and approved by the Diosecean Historic Churches and Finance Committees.
For the Parish of St Joseph’s, Bilton.